Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALES FOR GOODS SUPPLIED ON PAYMENT WITH ORDER BASIS.
Please scroll through this screen to read our Conditions of Sale and print a copy for future reference.
2. You are responsible for deciding on the suitability of the goods ordered by you for any particular purpose.
3. Any description by us of the goods is given by way of identification only. Descriptions and specifications are those of our suppliers and are given in good faith.
We reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale without prior notice.
4. All transactions take place on a secure link, protected by a 128-bit encryption technology. This means that when buying online from this shop your card details are better protected than when using your card in some of the more conventional ways, for example phone, or fax.
5a. You will only be required to provide information required for the transaction. All relevant information given at the time of ordering will be collected. All information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5b, Cookies: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Us.
Prices and Payment
6. All prices are in sterling, are exclusive of UK VAT (20% at present) unless started and are those current at the date of payment. Listed prices are subject to change or withdrawal without notice. Payment must be made in sterling by recognised credit or debit cards using the Secure Server.
7. All goods are subject to availability which you should check before ordering. We will use our reasonable endeavours to despatch all orders within 4 working days from receipt of the order and cleared funds, otherwise we will inform you immediately and endeavour to agree with you another date for delivery. If no date can be agreed then the contract between us will be cancelled and any Monies paid by you will be refunded. In no event will we be liable to make good any damage or loss whether arising directly or indirectly out of delay or failure to deliver.
Guarantee and Liability
8. All products are sold with a 12 months warranty from date of receipt unless stated, (except DVR Hard Drives these have a 3 month warranty). If any goods are or become defective by reason only of use of defective materials or faulty workmanship or manufacture within a reasonable time from the date of despatch we will repair or replace at the manufacturers’ Discretion. This is conditional upon the goods having been returned to us in good order accompanied by a copy of the receipt or other evidence that the goods were purchased from us and conditional upon defects not being caused as a result of your failure to comply with the use or instructions as to the storage, installation and commissioning use or maintenance of the goods or if you alter or repair such goods without our written consent. All goods returned carriage and insurance paid by Customer.
Any goods returned within 14 days of purchase, purely because the item is not suitable, and the item has no defects or faulty workmanship will be issued with either a credit note or the offer of exchange goods.
10. The provisions mentioned above are in addition to your statutory rights.
11. You have a right to cancel your order within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the goods. All such goods must be returned in an "as new" condition together with all packaging accessories and must not have been opened. Where any goods are returned and received by us in accordance with this clause we will refund the money paid by you for those goods within 30 days of the date that they are so received by us. Not applicable to Trade or Quantity or Export Customers. This right shall not apply to any perishable item or any sealed audio or video recording or computer software.
12. We will respond to all complaints promptly, and deal with them fairly .If you have any complaints, please contact us in writing by e-mail, Fax or post . We will respond to all complaints within 5 working days, with a view to achieving an acceptable resolution within 7 working days thereafter.
13. Whereas risk shall pass to you on delivery of the goods, ownership of the goods shall not pass until we have received payment in full. In the event of the goods being returned the ownership of the goods shall revert to us (as shall the risk) on receipt of the goods. E & O. E. September 2007.
East Midlands Sound and Lighting
Unit 21 The Old Malthouse. Off Springfield Road
Grantham, Lincs, NG31 7BG
Tel: 01476 579574